Monday, June 18, 2012

As Mark Steyn would call my essay: Complacency leading toward Eurabia


A misanthropic rant and potent exposure of dole, dull England enveloped in a salty wind
By Oliver Snodgrass (FN) 
           Living in the monotony of ol’ Blighty with the mundane, drab wake of the way Kerouac’s unabating stench of alcoholism dried up the pages of the perpetual script he sermonised his words on. Dried up and shrivelled like a drunkard pip of an olive as I traverse the streets of upper lewes road brooding over possibilities of a precarious future for a precarious boy. How could anyone study alone, live alone and abscond from the mind of something that keeps roaming?

           Even after I converse with those birth righteous friends, they inquisitively intonate, “did you fuck her?” with a fleeting potency of promiscuous defilement and the once sacred act of ‘making love’ eluding the middle class. But that was the weekend and now I lay in my wake amongst the studious endeavours as I enter the austere floodgates of upper education. As I enter the open planned, vacuous building consumed with immigration –indecipherable click and clatter of clamour, I cannot escape the carousing nights impending as the 2-4-1 shot posters adorn the bland, draconian walls. I am disgusted and “oh, how terribly distasteful.” Every oestrogen and testosterone band that ties these visceral thinking minds together bounds me in a downward spiral toward insanity. So, I acquiesce and pine for counselling. I visit the counsellor and she, sitting there, with her oil slick hair and imperious wave of the hand emphatically asserts, “You can’t be happy in a place if you continue to allude toward somewhere else”-how poignant. So, with this I leave and retrieve the erudite stance I formerly adopted as I observe a contemporary blighty (is that a paradox?). I read endless paper rags with emblazoned print, which hitherto, hadn’t realised held out a bias hand on the floor of politics and only a few details protrude from the headlines...I harbour invidious thoughts toward the bastard factories that run this country and golden stockings I bought for these solitary matriarch figures. God damn scum with your sordid ways as you carry out the banal lives through your carnal knowledge during the weekdays and on the weekends you waver maturity with remnants of last night’s co-op curry as you procure an insipid meal and spills of concentrated alcohol toward a high-street merchandiser with unbridled frivolousness. Then you’ll retreat back to your shit shack in a broken fashion whilst your unadulterated offspring lay awake in a wake of inauspicious beginnings. How could anyone not feel aloof? This is a poor excuse for a society, or civilisation only fit for people who have the aptitude for belly aching and stomach twitching. The people here in the west, you see, are devoid of pensive thought with their secular necklaces, shackled bracelets, pierced orifices and forefinger tattooed to their mouths. All of these furnishings on their body take their toll, but their hands are so consumed with stress sticks that I think they forgot their rings or was that contrived?

             Where on earth did I come from? What womb granted this brooding brain? When did malevolence and benevolence meet and what did they talk about? Who so pertinently resigned with “from the ice age to the dole age?”? I think I may traverse the streets some more and seek out contrition from those who exude no trepidation in thrusting back and forth and landing on a penis. Then I’ll go and read the pondering works of a cynical, feeble old beatnik – Bukowski because I saw his prolific “Post office” work in a bric a brac shop for a few pounds but couldn’t proceed to affirm that degree of cynicism. I then wandered the lanes a while longer as I witnessed a jovial puppy attempting with futility to ride a skateboard which was as amusing as it were melancholic. After this I will retreat to my room in a black corner and shout at the cotton ball walls that lactate milk as my window breaths tentative winds (I left it ajar). I may proceed to concoct some opulent dish of gripping spices and coughing peppers, but I forgot to buy salt! Now all I can hear are the winds blowing valiantly through the idle streets, pervading the homes of the home wreckers, home bound and home renters. That forlorn wind blows and cries. I tried to go for what would ostensibly be a walk of solace, but ultimately be a walk to 360 degrees. As I left the tempestuous house of argumentative silence, the wind grew in great multitudes and the sibilance was shouting in my ears and salty breeze was bringing me to tears. God damn you indigenous people of England, stop procreating! Stop procreating! Stop procreating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment